How Much Protein Do We Need Daily?
The DRI (Dietary Reference Intake) is 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight or 0.36 grams per pound. This amount to 56 grams per day for the average sedentary man and 46 grams per day for the average sedentary woman.
Plant Protein Versus Whey Protein – What is the difference?
Plant protein is simply an important food source of protein which is from plants. Plant-based protein is a nutrient-dense food, which means it is high in nutrients but relatively low in calories. Plant protein sources build muscle and aid recovery, but they can also improve our health, deliver all your protein needs while packing further nutritional goodness beyond protein alone.
Some nutrient-dense food examples:
- Whole Grains
Whey is the liquid part of milk that separates during the production of cheese. For many years, this by-product was considered waste and was fed to pigs until bodybuilders and dairy marketers realized it was high in protein and very cheap. Once the whey is separated, it’s heated, micro filtered, pasteurized, and dried. Then, sweeteners and preservatives are added to produce what we recognize as protein powder.
Nutritional research studies have found potential associations between a diet high in plant protein and the following beneficial effects:
- Lower risk of allergies
- Lower risk of bladder cancer
- Lower blood pressure
- Smaller BMI and a slimmer waist
- Lower total cholesterol
- Phosphorus management for those suffering from chronic kidney disease
- Lower risk of Crohn's disease
- Lower risk of endometrial cancer
- Lower heart disease and cancer mortality
- Lower risk of inflammatory bowel disease and ulcerative colitis
- Life extension
- Beneficial effects on psychological disorders linked to low serotonin levels
- Better preservation of muscle mass as one ages
- Beneficial effects for Parkinson's disease patients
- Lower risk of premature puberty
- Slower progression of prostate cancer
CBDSpaza.com has some perfect plant-based protein products, packed with nutritional benefits.
With 20g of plant protein per serving, Hemp Yeah! Max Protein is the perfect plant-based protein, offering all essential amino acids. Mild tasting with a creamy texture, it's delicious added to your favorite smoothie recipe and made with only two ingredients. Try blending with Hemp Yeah! Hemp Milk and fruit for a tasty smoothie – great for athletes!
- 20g Plant Protein
- 3g Fiber
- 4.5g Omegas 3 & 6
Hemp Yeah! Plant Protein Blend Chocolate is a delicious blend of organic hemp and pea protein, coconut sugar, and cocoa. Packed with 20g organic plant protein, as well as 1.9g Omegas 3 & 6 and 4g fiber per serving, it's the perfect addition to your favorite smoothie or non-dairy beverage!
- 20g Plant Protein
- 4g Fiber
- 1.9g Omegas 3 & 6
- Organic, Non-GMO
Protein powder – To nourish the mind and body!
Altwell Plant-Based Protein Powders provide 20mg broad-spectrum CBD and 20g plant-based protein per serving.
Product Benefits :
- Great for refueling after a workout or as a mid-day snack.
Naturally loaded with electrolytes, vitamins, minerals and made from real freeze-dried coconut water. Our Instant Coconut Mix contains no added sweeteners, coloring or preservatives. We make OLEO Coconut Mix from 100% freeze-dried coconut water. Adding water back to the coconut mix makes a glass of real coconut water infused with CBD.
- Coconut water is a great way to hydrate and replenish your body.
- Taste real, fresh, coconut water anywhere you want to go.
- Coconuts are naturally loaded with electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals that your body craves.